Wednesday, November 28, 2012

You are wonderful! This blog goes on.

Wow, you actually like me.

Thank you.

To be completely honest, I stayed away from the internet yesterday, after I posted my request.  I was nervous to see what sort of response I would get, if any.  It's my fault for not knowing you guys better.

Thank you so much for your kind words and donations.  I have enough to now to keep going with my blogs for a little over a year, which is WONDERFUL.  Almost as wonderful as you are.  Thank you, you know who you are.

I wish I had better words to express how much this means to me and how much motivation you've given me.      The best I can think of is that you people have been a source of light in the dark.  It's no where near poetic enough.

Due to the fact that most of this month has been November, and it looks like the rest of the month is going to do the same, I haven't kept up with my internet.  The next few days are dedicated to catching up on my emails, etsy, ravelry, and all the rest while I think about the future of this blog.

Oh, I also have to take care of my ailing chicken, Henny Penny (she's the bestest chicken ever!) who has something weird going on with her toe.






What shall my goals be with this blog?

First and foremost  I need  to remind myself of my mission statement (see top of page) and focus on positive things that inspire me.  

Next, I think I would like to focus more on tutorials and educational goodies.  I feel that a lot of my posts are more along the lines of 'hey, look at this neat thing I found'.  That's not a bad thing, and there is no way I can keep those kinds of posts from creping up, but I think it would be nice to add some more useful information to the internet.

Also, I'm really keen to document the restoration of the vintage travel trailer.  Well, I say restoration, but it's technically a rebuilding.  Many of the surface elements will be like original, with hidden elements (like awesome insulation and fridge) quietly sitting in the background.

I wonder about this kind of post, where I basically think out loud.  I don't know if they are inspirational or if they add anything to the verbal diarrhoea that is the internet.

Another thing I don't like, but isn't going to change unless I brought in an editor from outside, is the terrible spelling.  And, the fact that I only do one or two revisions on a post before it goes live.  Terribly dyslexic combined with terribly impatient means that I would have to try a whole later harder before my blog could be as awesome as Just Bento or Food 52 (both take the most amazing photos - how do they do that?  I want to be just like them if I ever grow up).  As much as I would like to, I don't imagine I could ever be in the same league as them.  But at least it gives me something to aspire towards.

Most of my food, cooking, recipes, and even food related farming will probably move over to my Whole Wheat FSM blog.  I know it doesn't get very high rankings on the search engine yet, but it's a lovely, clean blog, where you don't have years of self indulgence to wade through to get at the good stuff (yes, that's probably no the healthiest way to think about myself.).

Speaking about lovely, clean blogs... this blog is a mess.  It is my goal to change the formatting slightly, update the links, find a working form of advertisement so that the blog can fund itself.



You told me that you like me, and that means a lot to me.  Please tell me your thoughts. What brought you here?  What is it that made you stick around?  What would you like to see more of?


No comments: