Thursday, August 30, 2012

Google Adds, you decide

Some of you might have noticed that I've put the google adverts on the blog a few weeks back.

Why?
Well, because it makes a (very) little bit of money (apparently) and it didn't seem very intrusive.  I'm not 100% sold on the idea of keeping them, so I thought I would get your opinion.

What do you think?

Does it make me a sell out?  Do they bother you?  Did you even notice them?

Shall I keep them or go for something a little less intrusive like a custom built Amazon thing?  Or should I just avoid adds all together?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

1 comment:

Josiane said...

I had noticed the ad below your last post when I read it. I don't mind them and it doesn't really bother me, mostly I think because I know that the money would be useful to you.

One thought, however: wouldn't it be more interesting for you to put one of those Etsy widgets in your sidebar? It would help send people to your shop, and I believe this would yield better results in terms of how much you could earn than a few clicks on Google Ads. Well, one doesn't have to exclude the other, of course; I would, however, give a more prominent spot to your shop's widget over the ads, since it is both more relevant to your readers and has a better earning potential for you.