Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tour de Fleece 2010 - weaving



This morning, happy me. I finished spinning my Shetland fleece.



Here, also is my weaving sample. I like how the fabric 'collapse' and even though it's the most simple two shed weave, it makes a lovely texture.

I expected the fabric to bias because it is woven with high-twist singles. But it didn't. I think the twist in the warp balanced out the twist in the weft. The warp didn't fuzz or break. It needs no additive.

In other news, I also tried my hand at weaving a basket. My first basket. Please don't laugh.



Apparently learning how to weave baskets from a short article found in an old magazine is more difficult than expected. But then again, my first yarn looked about the same - art yarn, art basket - I'll try again later.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

I feel like a parrot, as I have to say once again that everything is gorgeous! Your yarn, your woven sample, and your art basket - all beautiful.
I love that you try things even if you have only the simplest of directions. That's something I should do more often - not wait until I have all the information in the world but just try - so seeing you doing so is very inspiring to me.