Friday, July 23, 2010

Tour de Fleece 2010 - 2 days left


I didn't get my sock yarn finished yesterday as planed. But that's okay. Here is a photo of the roving, the singles on the bobbin waiting to be plied, and the finished sock yarn, Navajo plied.


The fibre is Shetland from Waterloo Wools who kindly donated it as a prize for the Tour de Fleece.



I'm actually looking forward to the end of the Tour de Fleece. It has really taken a lot out of me this year. What with getting up early (the tour started at 3:30am local time yesterday) to watch the tour and staying up late with insomnia. I've never gotten this far in the Tour and I have enjoyed it. I've met lots of fibre friends on Ravelry. But I'm ready for it to end now.

To be completely honest dedicating this much time to one craft leaves the other projects feeling left out. My knitting - a sweater, two pairs of socks and another set of socks, these ones knee high - are crying in the corner, my tatting throws a tantrum whenever I so much as look at it, and my weaving sits in the middle of the living room getting in everyone's' way.

There are only two days left until the end. It's been a fantastic adventure and I am very glad to participate.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

It's been fun following along on your Tour de Fleece! :)