Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tatting Tea Tuesday



I keep seeing people posting about tatting tea Tuesday. I wondered what it could possibly be. Well, I think I've found the source of it all on Ambitatterous's blog: Tatting Tea Tuesday.

The rules (as laied out by Ambitatterous):

  • Set aside some time to tat.
  • Put the kettle on for tea.
  • Share your progress on your blog or your favorite tatting group list, with "Tatting Tea Tuesday" in the headline or email subject line.

Sounds like fun to me.

An aside for those of you who are wondering. Yes, I still knit, weave, spin and do other fun things with yarn. I'll get back to blogging about that soon.



This week I'm still working on Midnight Violets. I've tatted 16 inches of row one which means I'm almost half way there. I need 38 inches plus two pattern repeats for what I want to do with this. That's a lot of lace. Not to mention that I'll be sewing this onto the fabric by hand, and not onto the edge of the fabric either. I think I'm crazy.

Even crazier, I am wondering what would happen if I spun up some silk for tatting with. I have several one ounce packets of lovely silk... and I like spinning lace weight... hmm...

As for tea. It's just about impossible to find ginger tea without soy in it these days. I found some green tea with ginger and decided to give it a try. It's very nice, quite bitter and not very gingery. It actually tastes a bit like tea, tea. I think honey would be a good addition.

Perhaps I should just grate up some ginger, dry it and mix it with dried mint leaves from my garden.

Here's to more tatting Tuesdays with tea. Finally a good reason for it to be Tuesday.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

Nice progress!

As for ginger tea, I'm totally spoiled! When I'm sick my gentleman friend makes real ginger-lemon tea for me (grated ginger and lemon juice in hot water). I used to drink Stash brand Ginger-Lemon tea once in a while, but trying it again after having had the real stuff for a few days in a row made me realise I had turned into some sort of ginger-lemon tea snob. :)
Once you try it with freshly grated ginger, I'm sure you won't miss the store-bought ginger teas ever again.